March 22, 2016
SU in NYC is hiring!
Temporary Part-Time Advancement Assistant
Syracuse University Lubin House
NY Metro Regional Office
Reporting to the Executive Director for Advancement, the Advancement Assistant provides administrative support to the Executive Director and New York City-based fundraising staff.
The assistant is responsible for coordinating correspondence, gift proposals, reports, meeting and event briefings, and assisting with lead development and prospect research for the advancement team. S/he attends staff and committee meetings and coordinates note taking and distribution. The assistant also provides staffing and logistics support for events and programs taking place in the NY Metro region as needed, provides front desk coverage, and performs other duties as assigned.
• Assist the Executive Director with list generation, outreach letters, gift proposals, donor reports, and additional correspondence as needed. Maintain accurate files relating to donors, donor prospects, event planning, and related activities.
• Assist the Executive Director in building and enhancing gift officer portfolios through proactive research with an eye toward the identification and qualification of major gift prospects.
• Oversee production of meeting and event briefings, reports, presentations, meeting minutes, and collateral materials.
• Provide administrative assistance to the Executive Director.
• Provide staffing support for events.
• Welcome and direct guests at reception desk one hour each day.
• Other duties as assigned.
21 hours—three days per week 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Two to three month tenure
Immediately available. If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.