The two adjoining buildings that make up Lubin House have a total of five function rooms available for meetings, seminars and classes, videoconferencing, teleconferencing, receptions, catered breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
Building 15 function rooms:
- First floor: Pergament Room (right)
- Second floor: Talent Room
- Third floor: Classroom with videoconferencing capability
Building 11 function rooms:
- Second floor: The 1870 Room
- Third floor: Library (below right)
NOTE: Offices needed for one-on-one meetings by staff visiting from campus must also be booked in advance.
Booking Function Rooms
You can book a function room simply by filling out our Event Booking Form. Please note the folowing:
- Building 11 was extensively renovated in 2001-02. In keeping with Joseph Lubin’s original vision for the house, the rooms were restored as historic and “ceremonial” spaces. As such, these rooms are only appropriate for certain types of programs—much like the Founder’s Room, the Chancellor’s Residence, and the Safire Room on campus.
- We will help you select the space that is most appropriate given this vision, as well as work with you on the room configuration that best works for your group, since the room configuration affects room capacity. We will also help with catering information and advice.
- Cancellation of rooms should be made as soon as possible before the scheduled date, especially if catering is involved.
- Regular Lubin House event hours are September through June (excluding Syracuse University holidays) from 9 a.m. until 8:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. on Friday. Summer hours for events are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. We will try to accommodate groups requesting events during the times Lubin House is closed (i.e., weekends and evenings in the summer). Cost for staff during these overtime hours is $35 per hour per staff member (custodial/maintenance and/or reception) with a four-hour minimum. These events should be booked as far ahead as possible in order to secure necessary staffing.
- Please notify us in advance regarding any special needs (e.g., audiovisual equipment, microphone, catering, extra coat rack, laptop, conference phone, easels, etc). The more notice you give us, the more we can help you make your event or meeting a success. For equipment or catering, at least two days’ notice is requested. Also arrangements for photocopying, faxing, supplies, and other meeting preparations should be made before arriving for an event.
To preserve the look of the rooms you reserve, we ask that all coats, jackets, and oversized bags be left in the first floor coat rack area. Also, nothing should be placed on the walls of any room without prior approval.
Function Room Charges
Room charges per time segment (morning, afternoon, or evening):
- $185 for Building 11 and Pergament Room
- $130 for Building 15 (except Pergament Room)
- Videoconferencing: $100 per segment
Billing for function rooms and catering will be handled through an SU journal entry.